Thursday, November 8, 2007

Gimme a Mai Tai and call it a day...

One more check box...checked! This is where you'll find me in just 9 short months...



B and I are salivating over our honeymoon. Following the good advice of the Knot, I decided to book our flights extra early because we used my frequent flyer miles. Good thing I did, because there were NO flights into Kauai or Maui left (luckily Honolulu was still fairly open). This is more than 9 months out, people! Anyway, because of my super-fabulous job, I had plenty of miles to pay for both of our plane tickets (an $1800 value) and seven of our thirteen (!!) nights are also free (one bajilion dollars value). Howdja do it, you ask? Well, I use ONE credit card for every darn thing (including business expenses - i.e. dinner for 35 people - which obviously adds up). I use the Starwood American Express, which I highly recommend. One free week at the Westin Maui, hellsyes. You get 1 point/dollar spent on ANYTHING, plus I travel so darn much I am GOLD, so I get 3 points/dollar at every Starwood stay. Whoop! You can use the points for Sheraton, Westin, W Hotels, Saint Regis, etc.

So, we'll be spending 5 days in Maui, 6 days in Kauai and 2 days in Honolulu. Neither B or I have ever visited Hawaii, so it is extra special. Any advice? Leave it below... Oh man, I'm going to be so tan.

No comments: