Friday, September 21, 2007

That Gal!

My name is Katie and I'm a makeup-aholic. The first step to recovery is admitting I have a problem, right? Yeah, let's see how that goes.

Benefit is by far one of my favorite cosmetics companies, here's why: It's a kick ass woman run company, they have fantastic quality products (that are generally highly pigmented), and wonderfully attractive packaging. Check check check.

My newest find is "that gal!":



Here's Benefit's writeup:
Go from dull to darling with "that gal." It's a silky pink primer that makes skin appear smoother & brighter. Wear alone for clear complexion radiance or apply before makeup for smooth, effortless application. Re-brighten during the day with "that gal." It's "that gal" perfection for a happy complexion.

Pretty promising, right? Well, how can a girl turn it down? So I slapped down my $27 at Sephora (always Sephora, ladies, they return/exchange ANYTHING. If you've used it to the nub, they still don't care. Not that I've done that...)

Results: I really did look brighter and happier after using, and didn't feel like I had to wear any foundation/power. Everything just looked smoother. This formula is super light and soaks right in, so there was no greasey yuck. It also lasted well throughout the day and I felt kept my tzone from shining up. I just felt pretty and au-natural, very "What? I just woke up this way..."

The one drawback is that the tube is a bit small for the price, and the schmancy dispensing mechanism seems to dispense too much product at one time, thus wasting your precious valuables.

Grade: B+

I am going through many trials of different primers in preparation for the wedding makeup, which I may just do myself. I always hate it when other people do my makeup.

Here I am with just some moisturizer (my most favorite in the whole wide world trust me I have tried 'em all- Philosophy Hope in a Jar) and that gal smoothed on my cheeks, forehead, nose and a bit on my chin. I am also wearing whatever drugstore mascara was on sale.



And lets not forget my dead sexy turban towel. Peace out!

No comments: