Thursday, February 21, 2008

Working On My Fitness

I am a very goal-oriented person. If I can visualize the postive outcome, I can get through the grunt work effort. The wedding has been a perfect catalyst for getting in better shape, because as my a$$ is shaking and my arms feel limp, I simply picture my rockin' bod in my wedding dress and I can power through.

This will power of course does NOT cross over to food and dieting, but I'm trying. Eating less Cheetos counts, right?

Anyway, along with one of my fab bridesmaids, I am now committed to attending Bar Method classes (see www.barmethod.com) at LEAST 3x per week. For anyone out there in SF, LA or Chicago -- you must check it out! If you want quick turnaround kick it into shape kind of stuff, this is for you. Your muscles will ache. You will feel as if you can't go on. But you can, and you will feel amazing. Coming from someone who does NOT like to exercise in groups, this is high praise. I have been taking the classes on and off (mostly off) for the past year, and I instantly notice a difference in my body (and weirdly, my skin) after I start up again.

Anywhoots, that's my rant for the day. Hope yours was a good one.

EDIT: The Bar Method is an exercise class that combines ballet, pilates, yoga, etc etc. Basically, you are using your own body weight as resistance. Crazzzy.

2 comments:

ami @ elizabeth anne designs said...

i think i'm clueless - what is the bar method?

She's crafty, and she's just my type. said...

Sorry, thought I put a link in there. www.barmethod.com. It's an exercise class that combines ballet, pilates and other isometric stuff.