Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm a-scared of my hair

It's about 6 months until the big day, and what is my latest obsession? Guest lists, eh. Menu, whatev. Bands, welp, almost done deal.

Lately it's all about Hair Hair Hair.

Mostly, I have nightmares that it will look like this:


no no no.. Amy Winehouse

This deep-rooted fear dates way back to 1997. It's the homecoming dance. I have an awesome dress, sweet makeup, and some fab acessories. I had an image in my head of an elegant french twist, very simple and clean.

There were two things that went horribly wrong on this important night in my adolescent life:
1) My date was awful. He went down in history as The Wet Mop. And he strongly resembled a monkey. (It was a semi-blind date setup. Because I was that lame.)
2) My hair was RIDICULOUSLY LARGE.

I think all of the evidence was destroyed, but for posterity, I will look and see if I can find a pic and post it later.

I already have a large head. You might say, wha? Not its fine. Seriously people, doctors have commented on its largeness. I can't wear normal hats. So large hair + large head = badddd.

So, after I left the salon teased and sprayed to high heaven, I went home and cried. Cried and Cried. Cried because I was too shy to say I didn't like it. Cried because my mom had to shell out $30 for it. Cried because that's what you do when you are 15 and you feel like everyone is going to laugh at you (which my brother did. And then I cried again.) I think I ended up trying to tame it with some water, but it didn't help much, and there wasn't much time.

Enough "My Diary". So everytime I think about my wedding hair, I worry that I'll end up with something terrible. In my mind, I'd like to end up looking like this:



Or this:



Perhaps this:


So lets all cross our fingers. And if anyone has some east bay stylist recommendations, PLEASE send them my way!

No comments: