Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Banana Republic sale find


I have been very budget-conscious lately, and have been trying to curb spending - however - "wedding related" expenses can usually be justified in my mind. Add in a bargain, and I am guilt free. Today I found the most surprising item on sale at Banana Republic -- this lovely beaded pearly goodness of a bracelet. I love it on it's own for it's sparkle, but instantly classifed it under "bridal" because of the pearl accents (key to my "look"). The salesperson at the bridal shop where I purchased my dress advised against a bracelet, because she didn't want me to worry about snagging, and I generally agree with her, but this bracelet is not rough and the clasp is a toggle, so I think its safe. And, for $19.99 (marked down from $48), who could resist? I have seen similar looks in bridal magazines for $300 and up - but let's be honest - I would never spend that much on costume jewelry. There's even a craze on eBay (like this one).

No comments: