Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Sweet" Idea of the Day!

I want to have a candy buffet! This is not necessarily new and noteworthy, but it is a good way to use SEVERAL bowls and vases that I purchased early in the planning process (and have since abandoned).


like these, except sadly no boot

I purchased (I think 13 in total, bad Katie) vintage milk glass bowls and vases on eBay for my first hair-brained wedding scheme: Vintage Preppy. All blush pink and navy. B nixed this idea. I'm so happy because I love my new peachy plan.

Anywho, I didn't spend a ton of money on this reject glassware, but it is taking up prime real estate in my crafting corner. I couldn't bring myself to resell it, partly because I really like it, and partly out of laziness. So, I think I'll scare up some clear vintage glass to hold more colorful candies, and to mix up the variety. Now, the question is, which candies to choose??

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Milk glass is so pretty and simple - and what a nice change for candy dishes from glass apothecary jars.